Thursday 31 October 2013

Happy Halloween!










Hello blogosphere! Sorry I've been kinda MIA for what feels like my entire life, but I had my stupid school camp, and now I have exams coming up, and things have just been all round cray. Anyway, today's halloween! So, you know, happy halloween everybody. I just thought I'd do a little blog post to let you know that I'm still alive (yay), and celebrate the awesomeness that is the 31st of October. My super delayed reviews will also be coming soon, but for now, let's just forget that I'm totally lazy and go on with the post . . .

Weirdest Halloween Costumes

Okay, so this one was kind of hard to narrow down (because there are some seriously cray things on the internet), but I've managed to compile some of my favourites. Who knows, perhaps you could find something to quickly whip together for this year's round of trick or treating. 

1. Car Seat Costume

I don't know what would be running through someone's mind when they made this costume. It's just super weird. I have to say, I am a bit tempted to go as a car seat next year, just to see people's reactions, but then, well, I realised that I'm not mentally unstable (yet). 
















2. Facebook

I actually think this one's kinda cool. Though, as if you could be bothered to go to all the effort of just staring at your Facebook page for hours and preparing your own detailed, home made costume (although of course, you are taking advice from someone who is completely and utterly useless in the world of visual arts). 




















3. Popcorn

Did anyone else find this creepy? I feel like that mother is encouraging random people to eat her baby, and I may be an accepting person, but I think taking a pro-canabalism stance (especially in relation to your own children!) during a family friendly celebration is not okay. 




















4. Nuns

Oh no, these are not just any nuns, these are the one and only canine nuns. This is absolutely the funniest thing I've seen in my life. Dog nuns! Come on, that is the awesomest thing ever. Seriously, ever. 












Must watch Halloween television

Now, some of these (all of these) aren't strictly sticking to the spooky, Halloween theme (as I'm not really a big fan of horror, or a fan at all), but here are some of my suggestions for awesome things that you absolutely must watch in the next 24 hours. 

1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Yes, yes, this is kind of a cliche. But everyone must watch it at some point, and what better time to start then on Halloween? Spoiler alert, it'll be the absolute crayest thing you've ever seen in your entire life! I'm actually serious. And just when you think it can't get any crayer, there's a whole bit at the end that will actually have you questioning your ability to comprehend any storyline whatsoever. So yeah, go watch it now. Men dressed as women, that screams halloween to me!











Wait, wait for it.











2. The Addams Family

Whether you choose the movie or original series is totally up to you (or musical if you're cool like me), but the only requirement is that you must watch something vaguely Addams Family themed before Halloween is over. Doesn't a good, dreary tale of a masochistic family always get you in the spirit?












3. The Haunted Mansion

Yeah, sure it's a Disney movie, but that doesn't mean it can't be awesome! I remember watching this over and over again every Halloween (yeah I was about 10, so what). It's fun, and it doesn't make you want to crawl into a ball and hide for the rest of your life. Sounds like a win to me! Don't worry, it's cool to watch Disney Channel, it is! 










4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Well personally, I think you should watch this all the time, but if Halloween is what it takes to get you to start, then so be it. Of course, I'm not talking about the flop of a movie (and if you were considering watching that, leave right now), I'm talking about the awesome TV show. And yeah, I'll be nice, you don't have to get through all 7 seasons in one day, so I guess that means you'll have to just keep watching it . . . for a while . . . until you've seen every single episode. Is it scary? Not particularly. So if you're looking for a great horror series about no-mercy vampire killings, well, let's just say this isn't your show. But if you're normal (no offence horror movie buffs), then you'll find it just as awesome as I do. 











So yeah, I've pretty much run out of things to blog about now, so I'm going to leave you to have a spooky night by yourself and stop hassling you. I hope you get into the 'spirit' of things (#toofunnyforlife). Happy Halloween! Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx











No comments:

Post a Comment