Sunday 22 December 2013

10th Day of Blogmas: Ideal Christmas Playlist













Hello my readers! It's officially the 10th Day of Blogmas, which means that this is my 3rd last Blogmas post. I know, you all must be devastated.












But have no fear, I'm going to be super helpful today. Haven't created your Christmas day playlist yet? Well you've stumbled upon the right blog my friend, because your problem is solved. You're welcome in advance.


The Glee Christmas Albums (every single one of them)

Ah yes, this is predictable coming from me, but how could I deprive my bloggers of listening to the best Christmas albums on the market? I'm not that selfish. Go out now (or log onto iTunes, your choice) and buy the Glee Christmas Albums Volumes 1- 4. I'm serious! Any Christmas song you can think of, I bet Glee has done it (better than the original might I add, but that's just my opinion- which is correct, of course). So don't stop believing and go get that album (see what I did there?)!











Ariana Grande's Christmas Album- Christmas Kisses

Containing four songs (1 of them being original), this is a little festive album which won't take up much of your time and will get you in the Christmas spirit in around 10-15 minutes tops. It's fun, it's Christmassy, what more do you need? Plus, it's only $8.76. Win, win!















The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) - Alvin and the Chipmunks

Yeah, it's totally annoying and cheesy. But let's get serious, I don't think there's anyone who doesn't secretly love it, at least just a bit. I can openly admit it on my blog (that probably no one reads) that it's my jam. I'm not afraid to get into some Chipmunk music, and neither should you. Let your love for the high pitched furry animals fly free, and crank that tune over and over again (is anyone else loving my nineties slang? it just felt right). 



Frozen Soundtrack

Yes, this is a Disney movie. And no, I can't really pass this off as a nostalgia thing because it hasn't even come out yet (boxing day! who's excited?). But, may I just say, it does have Jonathan Groff in it (Jesse St James from 'Glee' for you uncultured folk) as well as Idina Menzel (if you don't know who she is, what are you doing on this Earth?), so that's my excuse. Plus, it's an animated Christmas movie, so it has to be awesome. Anyway, these songs will make an awesome addition to your Christmas playlist. There are not only songs sung in the movie on it, but there's also a song by Demi Lovato in there as well to shake things up a bit. I have to say, that (totally biased-ly), my favourite song is 'Reindeers Are Better Than People' sung by Jonathan Groff. It's only 50 seconds, but it'll be the best 50 seconds of your life (and that's definitely not an overstatement, when is my taste ever wrong?). 





Baby, It's Cold Outside - Elf

I've already talked about the wonders of 'Elf' on this blog way back when it was only the 3rd day of Blogmas (did I mention it's nearly Christmas?). But seriously, if you've seen the movie (which I hope you all have by now), this is obviously a must have on your Christmas playlist. It's amazeballs! If you want a legit Christmas song, then go buy the iTunes version. But if you want the movie version just because it's awesomer (yes, that's a word), it's available on youtube. If only there were a way to get music from youtube onto your computer, hmm . . . I'll leave you with that hint. 













A Very She & Him Christmas - She & Him

If you haven't heard of She & Him, it's a little duo with Zooey Deschanel, and well, another guy I don't really know about. Anyway, I know you've probably heard enough of her considering the little Elf duet above, but this album is really cool. It's low key, and of course it's Christmassy. Plus, it heavily features the ukulele, who doesn't love that, am I right? My personal favourites on the album are The Christmas Song (which I legitimately originally thought was called 'Chestnuts', but whatever) and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. Go for your life!





















Yay! You've now reached the end of your new playlist! Excitement! Just purchase all these (or retrieve them from youtube) and you'll be set for hours. You're welcome. Merry Blogmas everyone! Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment