Wednesday 18 December 2013

6th Day of Blogmas: Awkward Family Christmas Photos
















Yuletide greetings blogosphere! Today officially marks the 6th day of Blogmas, which means after this post, we're halfway through, which can only mean Christmas is super close (6 days away in fact)! How exciting. As you can probably already tell from the title, today I'm going to be blogging about some of the most awkward family Christmas photos. Fun! Without further ado, here they are . . .

1. 



















Ah, what a nice and creepy Christmas card. Don't that mismatched couple look positively awkward? Plus their little Christmas message couldn't just say have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, it had to be the Merriest of all Christmas's and the Happiest of all New Year's. I think that caption suits that jolly pair perfectly, don't you?

2. 



















What a lovely bonding session between grandmother and granddaughter. I think that everyone now has forgotten what Christmas is truly about- being forced to wear awful, ridiculous outfits your relatives have made for you. Doesn't little red riding hood over there look super enthusiastic (or scarred for life, either one)?

3. 














I have one word for this. Why? What would possibly motivate a father to be all 'oh my God, I should be naked in our Christmas card this year!'. This is positively creepy and disturbing, and should never see the light of day again. 

4. 














At first glance, this would just seem like a lovely Christmas photo of two children- until you see the creepy demon child behind them in the window. 











Though good on her. Obviously, she was just super determined to get into the photo, and eventually, she made it in there. Persistence for the win!

5.  




















This is weird. This is creepy and weird. That's all I have to say. 

6. 




















Don't these kids look super excited to be in the family's Christmas card? Or not. They're both just looking positively awkward, hence their inclusion in the blog post. But this photo isn't just awkward, oh no. It's also super creepy. How you may ask? Well jut take a look at the weird floating hand at the left side of the photo! Dun, dun, dun. 

7. 




















This is the creepiest Santa I've ever seen in my life. If I were their parents, I wouldn't be letting my kids anywhere near that freaky dude. Just remember- he sees you when you're sleeping. 

8. 















I don't even know what this is. By the looks of it, neither does the woman on the right. If you were going to take a family photo, here are some pointers: a) maybe put on some clothing, and b) clean up a bit. What is with the piles of wrapping paper everywhere? What makes it worse is that there's a kid in the room who has to endure that. Just look at that depressed child at the very right of the photo. I'd want to get out of there too. 

9. 




















Before we even get into this one, just take a moment to look at the expression of pure horror on that baby's face. That's where I'm at right now. I mean, I get it, you've got the angel and the two cherubs. That doesn't make it less creepy. That baby is so going to regret that photo in a few years (or hate both of it's parents for life, either one). 

10. 














How lovely, a family tobacco fest. Even the kid at the front is getting into it. And look how enthusiastic everyone looks as they're puffing away. Oh how times change. 

11. 
















I actually sort of love this. Yeah, it may be awkward, but it's also awesome. At least everyone seems to be getting into it. I know what I'm going to be doing for my Christmas card next year . . .

12. 














This Santa, although not as creepy as the last one, is still not up to scratch. He actually looks angry. Who would want to sit on an angry Santa's knee? I wouldn't trust that guy with my list of Christmas presents. I'd be running far, far away. 



And that's the end of the list! I hope that these were sufficiently awkward and cringy. What more could you want in a blog? Merry Blogmas! Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

1 comment:

  1. Picture 3 would've been better if the mom was naked as well. She looks so hot

    ReplyDelete