Monday 2 December 2013

Au Revoir November: Bonjour December!
















Hello again blogosphere, and welcome officially to December! Don't be fooled by the title, I haven't sporadically become unable to speak the English language, just getting all multicultural (and yeah, I'll admit I had to google how to spell Au Revoir- I don't take French!). This month ahead is super exciting, I mean to state the obvious, there's CHRISTMAS (or Hannaukah, whatever floats your religious boat)! Also, 'Six By Sondheim' (with Darren Criss from 'Glee' and Jeremy Jordan from 'Smash') comes out, and Lea Michele's first single is being released (or maybe that's just exciting for me, whatever)! Plus, it's nearly time for the new year. 2014 here we come! But let's not get ahead of ourselves, November just finished. So, as we always do, let's take a look back at some of the big events that have happened in the month we're leaving behind.

4. Amber Riley wins Dancing With the Stars!

Yeah, maybe not everyone watches this, and some people may consider reality TV shows to be unimportant, but hey, Amber Riley won! It's not just anybody. And when one of the 'Glee' cast members achieves something (anything), I have to celebrate. I feel like I'm one of them (if only)! If I'm being totally 100% honest, I didn't even watch the series. I watched Amber's dances on youtube (because I'm stalkerish like that), but hey, as if I'm going to spend my free time watching reality TV shows on the internet, especially considering I don't even watch the version of it in my own country (sorry Australia). But I am super proud, and feel that I must share it. So what if I'm biased! My blog, my rules. 
















3. Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

Okay, you've got me here, I can't really tell you anything about this. I know that it was a big deal, and that some of my friends were excited about it. In fact, one of my friends (who shall not be named- like Voldemort) highly encouraged (begged) me to steal a tweed jacket from the drama wardrobe department so she could dress up as one of the doctors at the movie theatre. I mean, I found it weird at first, until I realised that I was well, me, and totally obsessive about every show I lay eyes on. And because I don't want you guys to think that I have no idea what I'm talking about (which, well, I don't), I did some research on it. Apparently, the episode is called 'The Day of the Doctor' and includes doctors Matt Smith (who is 11th doctor), David Tenant (who is the 10th doctor), and John Hurt (who is the war doctor- whatever that means). Maybe all the other doctors were busy, or dead, I have no idea, but I think that was some quality research. Anyway, this was kind of a television milestone, so I think I had to include it. Hopefully I'll be doing the same thing for 'Glee' (only 46 years to go!). 














2. Hunger Games: Catching Fire comes out!

I know I've already reviewed this, but this was kind of a big deal. I mean, I remember last year after the first movie came out and everyone was all '345 days till Catching Fire!'. Well, those days are up. The book was pretty popular (which is a massive understatement), so to finally have this movie come out was bound to cause international chaos. And it's not like the major 'Hunger Games' fans aren't intense. They are. They constantly swarm my tumblr feed. So yeah, this was major. And we only have to wait 355 more days for Mocking Jay Part 1! Start the countdown. 




















1. Paul Walker dies

Confession time again, I didn't really know who he was before yesterday. But he was apparently loved by millions  for his role in the 'Fast and Furious' movies, and what happened to him was super awful, so of course he was number one. I mean, it was kind of massively sudden. And what I found super creepy was that apparently the day before he died (which would be Friday), there was a rumour that he died in a car crash, and then BAM, next day it happens . . . told you it was creepy. So yeah, that sucks majorly for his family and all his fans, hence its position. My condolences to everyone effected by it. 




















So, that's the end of the list! You can now go on with your lives having officially put November behind you. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment