Tuesday 14 January 2014

Stupid Things People Should Never Say to Me













Greeting blogosphere! Today is probably going to seem a bit random, but you know what, so is this blog, so what better place to post it, am I right? Anyway, it always angers me when people make stupid and irrelevant comments, it truly does. As most of you probably know because I'm openly weird and obsessive, I plan on pursuing a career in musical theatre. Obviously, people are automatically inclined to make stupid interjections and they try and pass some of their knowledge (because they forget I have a fully functioning brain of my own). So, I thought I'd write up a little guide and avoid all this hassle. If everyone knows what comments to avoid, I won't have to secretly hate people for the rest of my life. Sounds good for everyone.








What people say when they find out about my interest in pursuing the awesomeness that is musical theatre. 


No seriously, what do you want to do when you grow up?













For this one I have to channel some of my passive aggression (no matter how much I want to strangle them), just like good old Victoria Grayson from 'Revenge'. Why would I be lying anyway? Why would I just be all 'yeah I love musical theatre' and then randomly be all











What is the logic in that I ask you?

You know it's hard, right?











Of course I know it's hard! That is indeed a stupid, stupid question, and I think it totally warrants some angry sarcasm. I'm pretty sure if the person asking knows it's hard to make it, then of course I, who have been researching this since I could type and am serious about pursuing this as a career, would know also. Grr, it makes me all kinds of angry. I'm pretty sure anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for their entire lives would know that making it in the performing arts profession is one of the hardest things a person can do, duh. Now, please excuse me while I go and mutter incoherent angry rants to myself. 


Why?












What kind of question is that? Seriously! Why? Though as the gif demonstrates, you can't be too harsh on this person, because chances are, they either don't speak the English language, or are mentally deficient. However, if they don't fall under either of those categories, that's when you can unleash this:











You know you need a back up plan though, right?











Can everyone just take a moment to stop and salute Captain Obvious. Of course you need a back up plan! Everyone needs a back up plan with everything. If I decided I wanted to be a doctor or something, everyone would just be like 'oh cool, that's sounds great'. Newsflash, becoming a doctor isn't easy either! But somehow no one seems to take that into consideration because it's a generic career. How is that fair? On the other hand, if I told everyone I wanted to be a bartender or something, everyone would be all 'wow, you're really aiming low there'. I hate you society!











I am actually currently vibrating with anger. 

That's so cute. 












Let's just establish this now, I think the word 'cute' should be eradicated from the English language. Being a successful musical theatre performer is not 'cute', nor should it ever be referred to as that. Sure, I'm not exactly there yet, but when I make it, I will seek my revenge big time. Cute, really? Would you ever go up to Lea Michele, and be all 'yeah, I saw 'Spring Awakening', it was so cute'. Answer, no, you wouldn't.

Is this a 'Glee' thing?












Is this a 'Glee' thing? Yes, of course it is. I just decided to obsess over the first show I saw, and adapt all of my life goals in accordance with one of the main characters. What? Do people actually think about what they say before they ask questions? No, of course it isn't a 'Glee' thing. Yeah, 'Glee' is one of the most awesome things on the face of the Earth, but has anyone ever thought that maybe there's a reason I like it? That maybe the reason I relate with Rachel Berry so much is that we actually, legitimately share the same Broadway goals? If I hated musicals and singing, why would I choose this show to obsess over? I could've chosen NCIS or something, but I didn't. I'm a very opinionated person, and there's no way I'd let one TV show I had nothing in common with change what I wanted to do with my life. I've had my dreams of Broadway stardom since approximately around the age of 4. Was 'Glee' around then? No, no it wasn't. Some people are actually so stupid and shouldn't exist. And yes, I used a 'Glee' quote to help make my point, take it in. 













Oh it's just a phase, you'll grow out of it. 












Tell me this, what kind of phase lasts for 11 years? Oh that's right, none do. I think everyone expects that when I turn 18, I'll be all 'wow, I have seen the error of my ways, I'm going to stay here in Australia and major in biology'. Well, the answer is no. Number one, I suck at science, so there's no hope there. And number two, it isn't a phase! 

So that's the end of my super ranty post. You know sometimes you just get anger, and then you think:










Or who knows, maybe that's just me. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment