Sunday 5 January 2014

Welcome 2014!











Hello again readers, and happy new year! Hope everyone's settling into 2014 awesomely. Now, as you (may or may not) know, at the end of every month, I normally do my usual round-up of the previous month's memorable moments, but starting a new year felt a bit bigger than your normal monthly turnover. So, I've decided I'm just going to compile a massive list of random things that happened in 2013 (bear with me, it's relevant I swear). So without further ado, here's what we've left behind . . .

Most Googled things of 2013

No one can deny that whenever they have any little problem or unanswered question, they turn to the magical Lord Google to help them in their endeavours (I myself am proudly one of the main contributors). So, according to google trends (which is apparently a thing- who knew?), here is the list of the top 10 googled things internationally in 2013. 

10. North Korea












9. PlayStation 4












8. Samsung Galaxy S4















7. Royal Baby












6. Boston Marathon












5. Harlem Shake













4. Cory Monteith













3. iPhone 5S













2. Paul Walker


















1. Nelson Mandela



















Well, I kind of have mixed feelings about this list. On the plus side, the Kardashians didn't make an appearance, yay for us! But then there's a whole lot of other weird stuff going which kind of counteracts that. For one, the fact that electronics are even on the list is kind of sad. And two, the fact that these electronics beat out other important events is even sadder. People googled the iPhone 5S more than they googled Cory Monteith?

 










Highest Grossing Movies of 2013

This one's pretty self explanatory, so I'm not even going to bother spelling it out for you. For once, I trust your ability to read the title and understand it for yourself. You're welcome. 

10. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug












9. Oz The Great and Powerful















8. Fast & Furious 6













7. Gravity












6. Monsters University













5. Man of Steel













4. Frozen













3. Despicable Me 2













2. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire













1. Iron Man 3














I've only seen 4 movies on this list, and I'm sad to say that 3 of them were animated (so maybe I'm not exactly a movie connoisseur, whatever). However, there were couple of surprises on this list. I mean sure, it was expected that Catching Fire would be pretty high up, and I thought the Hobbit would do pretty well, but I honestly had no idea that there was such a demand for animated movies (maybe I'm normal? who knows). With Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel and all of the other stuff like that, I honestly don't even know how they were expected to go purely because I didn't really care enough to check, but I'm just assuming they were pretty popular and justified in their ranking. What surprised me was that there weren't other mainstream movies on here. I thought 'Carrie' or something might be on here somewhere (not that I went anywhere near it). Everyone I know went to see (although TBH, it was out on the internet long before it came to cinemas in Australia, so maybe that had something to do with it). But who knows, my opinions are all probably wrong anyway, because when we get down to it, I have no idea what I'm talking about. 

Highest Paid Celebrities of 2013

Admit it, we're all secretly interested in how much money people earn. And if they're celebrities, well that just makes it even better. 

10. Robert Downey Jr. ($75 million)


















9. Oprah Winfrey ($77 million)


















8. Tyler Perry, Tiger Woods ($78 million)














7. Jerry Bruckheimer, Lady Gaga ($80 million)














6. Michael Bay ($82 million)


















5. Glenn Beck ($90 million)


















4. James Patterson ($91 million)


















3. Simon Cowell, E.L James, Howard Stern ($95 million)












2. Steven Spielberg ($120 million)


















1. Madonna ($125 million)




















Yep, I'm feeling the depression seeping in. From actors to sports stars, it seems that everyone's earning more money than me (probably because I'm 15 and don't have a job, but whatever). I hope you're all now feeling sufficiently lacklustre. If you're not, just take a moment to let it sink in that the woman who wrote 50 Shades of Grey is earning more than you. 













So that officially marks the end of the blog post. I hope you're now all ready to move on from 2013 and yolo it up in 2014. Excitement! Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment