Sunday 2 March 2014

Razzies 2014











Greeting again blogosphere! Today marks the day of the 34th Annual Golden Raspberry Awards (or 'Razzies' for short), the award show dedicated to naming and shaming some of the worst things film has to offer. Obviously, I'm on board with this (especially considering 'Twilight' has been one of the major winners in the past). As you've probably guessed, this isn't really going to run like my usual award show posts (namely because this isn't your usual award show). Stay tuned for a full list of winners and my brutally honest opinions.


And the Winners are . . .

Movie 43

- Worst Picture
- Worst Screenplay
- Worst Director (to all 13 directors who took part)
















Jaden Smith

- Worst Actor, 'After Earth'














Tyler Perry (in drag)

- Worst Actress, 'A Madea Christmas' 












Will Smith

- Worst Supporting Actor, 'After Earth'














Kim Kardashian

- Worst Supporting Actress, 'Tyler Perry's Temptation'















The Lone Ranger

- Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel 














My Thoughts


Worst Picture


I have to say, this is a pretty hard to call. I agree with some things, and I sort of agree with others. Having seen 'Movie 43' recently, I'm not entirely sure that it's actually as bad as it's cracked up to be. I mean don't get me wrong, it's pretty terrible and remarkably stupid, but I went in there expecting that. For most people, the major weirdness turned them off immediately and they gave up on it then and there, but for me, that wasn't a factor. If I'd seen it at the movies, I probably would have an entirely different perspective. I would be one of the many condemning it for its totally preposterous plot and wild inappropriateness. 












But since I downloaded it fully knowing what to expect, the cray factor didn't really come as a shock. I deliberately watched it because I wanted to see how terrible it was, and I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I expected (though my expectations were astronomically low, so that isn't really saying that much). And I hate to say this, but I actually found some scenes quite funny (and by some, I mean 2). Maybe it's just me (it's probably just me), but even though the movie was terrible, I couldn't help but enjoy it simply because it was so bad. You know the saying it's so bad it's good? Well, it's kind of like that, except it wasn't good. It's just so bad it's laughable and not totally awful. Personally, I think it's fellow nominee 'Grown Ups 2' should've won. Sure, I don't know what I'm talking about because I haven't seen it, but the first one was just plain awful, so I don't see how the second one could be any better. Plus, Adam Sandler is just not funny in movies. Ever. 













After Earth


I have to just put this out there straight away, I haven't seen this movie. I know what you're all thinking:











And yes, you would be correct. But don't worry, I do have opinions (that are possibly invalid, but whatever). I actually don't even know what is happening to Will Smith. He used to be in some pretty quality stuff, and then he just started doing all these movies to help boost his son's career. I mean yeah, that's nice and everything, but after the disaster that was the remake of 'The Karate Kid' (aka, let's all watch Jaden Smith practice karate for an hour and a half), I'd be giving up. Next, he'll be helping Willow whip her hair back and forth. 











Kim Kardashian


Once again, have I seen 'Tyler Perry's Temptation'? No. Do I need to in order to determine whether or not the Razzie was well deserved? Definitely not. Kim Kardashian, really? I don't even know why she's famous. Her dad was a lawyer in some big court case a couple of decades ago, big deal. My parents have law degrees, does that mean I can get my own reality TV show? So yeah, it's ridiculous that she's even famous, but to actually be in any kind of movie? What is wrong with the world? This Razzie is 100% well deserved!












So that's the end of my little ranty Razzies post. Who knows, I could've just given you a whole range of movies to avoid, or a whole range of movies to download on the sly and make fun of mercilessly. Either way, I hope my post was vaguely entertaining and has officially got you into a judgemental spirit for the Oscars tomorrow, because I definitely won't be holding back. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

1 comment:

  1. I was able to win back my Ex lover with the help of….(Dr.mac@yahoo.com).. He can fix any type of relationship/marriage issues.....

    ReplyDelete