Saturday 31 May 2014

App Review: Quiz Up










Greetings again readers! I thought that today, I would take a little stab at reviewing one of the apps that has been taking the world by storm - QuizUp. Never heard of it? Dying to find out more? Well you've come to the right place my friends. Buckle up for a brutally honest review, and see if this app is worth wasting data for.

Have you ever sat at home and wondered 'why can't I be tested on something I frequently geek out over and verse people around the world?'. Well readers, you are in luck, because QuizUp is here to help.











I'm just going to start off by saying that I absolutely, 100% love this app. My friend put me onto it a few weeks ago and I thought it was majorly awesome from the get-go. All of this quizzing is at your fingertips for a small payment of absolutely nothing. Yes, you read that right, this app is totally free! I couldn't believe it either, especially when I saw all the content it has to offer. Literally, name a TV show and I bet it would be on there. Also, if you're addicted to 'Jeopardy' like I am (seriously, I think I have a problem), they've got an awesome general knowledge section that'll keep you busy for hours. But wait, there's more. Not only does it refer to popular culture, oh no, you can actually be quizzed on something worthwhile. They've got a bunch of categories like geography and science, so you can fill your brain with all sorts of educational stuff (although why you'd want to, I do not know).

However, before I go any further in this review, I have to warn you of the severe risk involved with playing QuizUp. It is ridiculously addictive. Don't believe me? Check out the meme.


















I'm serious. You start off thinking you'll only be a couple of minutes, then your phone runs out of battery and you realise you've been playing for hours.

So yes, I think you're all aware now of the super awesomeness of QuizUp, but how exactly does it work? I've got you covered. The app is actually so easy to use (which is nice for a change). First up, welcome to the home page:


















This'll keep constantly changing based on what's new and hip, but rest assured it won't really deviate from this all that much. You can already tell it's going to be an amazing app because it's so colourful, and that's before you've even get to the topics!


















To navigate around the app, you simply just click on the little lines in the right hand corner, and bam, you can access whatever you want.


















As I was saying before, once you click on the topics tab, a world of opportunity opens up before you.


















This is when you are able to unleash your inner (or in my case, not so inner) competitor and blurt out everything single nerdy fact you know. Surprise surprise, the topic I seem to gravitate towards the majority of the time is 'Glee'. Once you've clicked the category you want, the app automatically finds someone for you to go head-to-head with and test out your knowledge. I am proud to say I am currently undefeated in 'Glee' (not that I'm bragging or anything - even though I totally am). The first question will look like this (except it will obviously relate to whatever topic you've chosen). They're all in a multiple choice style, and you're only ever given 4 options. The quicker you are, the more points you'll get out of 20 for each question.


















Once the battle is over, you get to find out once and for all who reigns supreme. And I guarantee you, win or lose, you'll be hitting that 'Play Another' button in the bottom right hand corner almost immediately.

See, I told you it was ridiculously easy. Now, I seriously urge you all to go get playing. I mean after all, it was practically endorsed by Darren Criss and Chris Colfer, who would argue with them?

































Go readers, go get playing. I apologise in advance for taking up hours of your life with this totally addictive app. If you ever find yourself playing against gleeknumerouno, get excited, because you'll be my opponent. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment