Saturday 20 September 2014

Coolest Food Mash-Ups











Hello again and welcome back blogosphere! I apologise for my brief hiatus, but unfortunately life and exams managed to get in the way of my blogging endeavours. However, this is no longer a problem, as my exam block is officially complete and the holidays are occurring at present! I can't even possibly begin to express to you how excited I am about finally being free, and to celebrate this, I thought why not list some of my favourite, mashed-up foods? I have to admit, this idea didn't just come out of nowhere, it was inspired by the elusive 'cronut'. After several months of pondering how exactly this dessert came to be, I finally tried my first one recently, and can I just say, it was a momentous occasion which is definitely deserving of a shout out. What other weird and wacky food mash-ups have people managed to create? You'll just have to read on and find out.

Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole


You wouldn't think that this would be a thing, but luckily my friends, it is. What exactly is it? Well it pretty much solely consists of some beef, cheese, mushroom soup and french fries chucked into one super fancy casserole. For vegetarians such as I this may only ever be a fantasy and never become a reality, however even I can recognise the awesomeness of this dish. Would it be vaguely healthy? Not in the slightest. But let's face it, all of the best foods aren't. Because I'm the best, you can check out the recipe here



















Hazelnut Crème Brûlée Cupcakes


There's no doubting that these seem like one of the best things ever. As soon as I came across these, I knew that I had to incorporate them into a blog post somehow. How exactly do they work? Grab an ordinary cupcake, chuck in some hazelnut essence, vanilla buttercream frosting, a splash of liquor and bam, you've got these inventive french delicacies! If you're not lured by now, I actually think there's something wrong with you. Give them a go yourself with the recipe found here



















Oreos Baked Inside Cookies


I don't think there's anyone who doesn't love or at least greatly appreciate the chocolaty goodness contained in the magical Oreo biscuit. So when these brown, circular sandwiches of joy are lodged inside comforting, traditional cookies we know and love, life really just can't get any better than that. Low and behold, these wondrous mash-ups of yum do indeed exist. How can you go about concocting some for yourself? Check out the recipe here and indulge.



















Spaghetti Bread

I don't know how many of you are carb fans, but if you're not, I think I can make up for it. Carbs are my jam (food pun intended), because really, what in the world is better than pasta? Nothing, that's what. So when you mix spaghetti with bread's fluffy goodness, guaranteed happiness must ensue for both you and your stomach. Worried about the health detriments? You're on the wrong page. If it's really bugging you, just throw a Michael Cera and play dumb. 












Or just simply come to the conclusion that life's too short for diets and grab the recipe here.














Sushi Cake


Yes, this my friends is indeed a concept that has come to be. Unleash your desire for all that is Japanese and dig into this awesome fusion between sushi and cake. No, this is not some kind of horrendous attempt at a fishy dessert (see what I did there?), but really just copious amounts of sushi melded into the shape of a cake, because, why not? Become the iron chef and try creating this dish for yourself using this recipe. Come on, you know you want to.













So that's now the end of my hunger inducing post. I hope I've inspired you to start whipping up some untraditional, totally cray dishes, and while you're at it, be sure to send any and all leftovers to me. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

2 comments:

  1. I just got my ex husband back through the help of Dr OSOFO love spells Experts!..My husband left me for another woman, This was just 2 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster call Dr OSOFO and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 11 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 9 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy andent to him that was how we started living together happily again.thanks to man, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.OSOFO for help now..Here his contact, WhatsApp him: +2349065749952 {or} Email him at: ( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )    

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my ex husband back through the help of Dr OSOFO love spells Experts!..My husband left me for another woman, This was just 2 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster call Dr OSOFO and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 11 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 9 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy andent to him that was how we started living together happily again.thanks to man, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.OSOFO for help now..Here his contact, WhatsApp him: +2349065749952 {or} Email him at: ( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )    

    ReplyDelete