Monday 1 September 2014

So Long August: Welcome September!










Blogosphere, welcome back! Today is officially the first day of the month that is September, which means August has come and gone once more. There are lots of exciting things coming up in the next 30 days, for instance the American television season starts up again soon which is always a plus (thanks to downloading), and we're entering into the month of Spring (or Autumn/Fall depending on what hemisphere your homeland inhabits). However, before we fully immerse ourselves in the month ahead of us, I say we stick with tradition and do a little round-up of the important, memorable events in celebrity history that went down in August. Get pumped, because here we go . . .

5. I turn 16!


Okay, fine, maybe this wasn't one of the biggest events to occur in the lives of celebrities in August, but come on, you only turn 16 once. Yes, I've already written a rather extensive blog post about it, but I just couldn't let this post go by without at least mentioning the awesomeness that went down on August 4th. Look on the bright side, at least I only put it at number 5. Plus, I inserted the pretty epic gif below to make up for it. 













4. 'If I Stay' is Released


It kinda feels like I've basically just been re-hashing previous blog posts through this list, however there's no way I was going to let the release of a popular Young Adult novel turned movie adaption slip by. As I've already expressed to you in my review, this flick seriously doesn't disappoint. It hasn't been out for long, so if you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you get to the movies as soon as you can. Just a warning, be prepared for an onslaught of feels



















3. Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop take up Residence in Splitsville


Well well, I don't think that I can even feign sadness with this one. Just so you know, Sarah Hyland isn't exactly one of my favourite people (and I imagine Gleeks and Leanatics everywhere are with me on this one). Why am I being so harsh you may ask? Take a look at her stint on Fashion Police and I think you'll understand my reasoning. So when I found out that Sarah and Matt Prokop, her boyfriend of 5 years, decided to end it, I wasn't exactly devastated (in fact quite the opposite). Apparently, after meeting in 2007 on the set of 'High School Musical 3', they've decided that they're better off as 'just friends'. To me, that sounds like a total cover up. Perhaps he saw the same Lea Michele bashing that we did and found out just how awful she really is? Who knows, and more importantly, who cares?












2. Joan Rivers gets Seriously Ill


Look, I know I'm not her biggest fan or anything, but this was still pretty sad news. As of the 28th of August, it was reported that Joan suffered from a cardiac arrest during one of her surgeries (which believe it or not, wasn't even a face lift!) and was immediately taken to the ICU. Since then, she has been put into a medically induced coma and is now on life support, continuing to remain 'seriously ill'. This really isn't good to hear, and despite my hostile feelings towards her inherent need to criticize everyone ever for no apparent reason, I hope she makes a speedy recovery as soon as possible.














1. Robin Williams Passes Away


Absolutely everyone must've heard about this, and it is truly awful. I feel like I grew up with Robin Williams after watching and re-watching Mrs Doubtfire all throughout my single digit years. As I got older, I continued to watch his movies and seriously, that guy could do everything. He obviously nailed the comedic, but he managed to portray some super heartfelt stories beautifully (*cough* Dead Poet's Society *cough*). He made such an impact one everyone in his lifetime, and introduced us all to some pretty awesome, out there material. There's seriously no one else like him, and there's no doubt that his death devastated a lot of people. Wherever he is now, let's hope he's still making people laugh. 













That's now the end of my round-up of August. Let's now get a move on with September and enjoy the extensive television to come. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment