Saturday 31 January 2015

Most Alike Celebrity Doppelgängers










Well hello there blogosphere, welcome back! Today, I'm choosing to once again rectify my lack of recent posting and get Teenage Fanatic back on track. Just before we venture into yet another month of 2015, I thought I'd do something a little random turn our attention to some of Hollywood's stars. Do you ever watch movies or TV shows and get confused as to who's on the screen? I know I certainly do. With so many people looking alike, how are we mere mortals supposed to tell the difference? Hopefully today by acknowledging these creepy celebrity doppelgängers, we'll know what to expect. Without further ado, here they all are . . .

Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel












No, you're not seeing double, I promise you these are actually 2 different people. Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel, I'm not even kidding, could actually be long lost twins. They seriously look practically identical! Plus, they're both musicians and making a name for themselves in the industry, so obviously talent is another thing these two have in common. My theory may sound a tad far fetched, but I'm going to believe they aren't related when I see the DNA test results.


Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman
















For years, correctly identifying the Portman from the Knightley has been a difficult task for me to complete. Finally, after about a decade of practice, I've finally cracked the code, however it definitely wasn't an easy feat. In fact, the two look so alike that back in the day, Keira was given the role of Natalie's identical decoy in 'Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace'. Having two celebrities in the same field of work looking remarkably similar was never a good idea Hollywood! Why do you do this to us?


Amber Heard and Scarlett Johansson














Once again, it seems we've got two actresses with pretty much the same face, the only difference this time being that not many people are familiar with Amber Heard. If I'm being honest, the name doesn't really ring a bell. Maybe that's because I'm oblivious, or perhaps I've seen her in a range of movies and just assumed she was Scarlett Johansson. Whatever the reason, there's no doubting these two are freakily similar.


Victoria Justice and Nina Dobrev













I'm not gonna lie, for a while, I was kind of under the impression that these girls were the same people. Seriously, I just assumed that Tori from 'Victorious' was in fact Elena from 'The Vampire Diaries'. So once I found out that they were actually two separate actresses, the confusion definitely set in. Once more, these girls are just ridiculously alike. How DNA even permits these physical similarities to occur is just strange and weird and overwhelmingly confusing.


Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordan Levitt













I have to admit, finding the similarities between these two took me a while to come to terms with. I read somewhere on the world wide web that it was believed that both Heath and Joseph looked alike, and my gut reaction was 'no, of course they don't!', until I looked at photos of them side by side. There's no denying these actors and pretty similar facial features. Seriously, who knew? I've never got them confused before in my life, but now, I have no idea how I didn't notice this earlier.


Ashley Madekwe and Amber Stevens













These actresses may not be mega stars (well not yet at least), but they do have mega similarities. Ashley, on the left, you may know from the hit drama 'Revenge' (which is seriously awesome, so you should definitely watch it!), and Amber, on the right, was recently in the hit flick '22 Jump Street' (which I totally reviewed!). I think you can all agree with me on this one, these two girls look freakily similar. Not even kidding, they could totally pass for one another. In fact, I may or may not have sworn Ashley from 'Revenge' was actually '22 Jump Street for a while there. As their fame rises, so will the confusion.


Justin Timberlake and Matthew Morrison















I wouldn't say that these two look absolutely identical facially, but there's definitely some similarities between these guys. Seriously, the first time I saw JT's video for 'Suit and Tie', I was getting some serious Matthew Morrison 'Umbrella' vibes, to the point where my mum and I both screamed 'Mr Schue!' at the TV. I don't know if it's just the hair, but there's definitely some parallels between these guys.


Courteney Cox and Demi Moore












This is another situation where the similarity of these two actresses may not occur to you immediately, but when you see their photos side by side, there's no denying these girls are certainly alike. Because I've always associated Courteney with 'Friends' and Demi with Ashton Kutcher, there's never really been any reason for me to compare the two, however once I saw photos of them together, I began to realise that pretty much the only thing telling these two apart is their eye colour. If Courteney gets brown contacts, the world will become chaos.


Fergie and Kirstie Alley















I seriously don't know how I didn't notice this earlier, because these two pretty much have the same face, no doubt about it. I guess because they're always in vastly different contexts and I never really associated them with one another, but seriously, they're so alike it's ridiculous! If Fergie ever decides to do television, and Kirstie Alley returns to the small screen, I'll warn you now, all hell will break loose.


Daniel Radcliffe and Elijah Wood


















I feel like I'm saying this a lot, but once again, two actors, both alike in profession and alike in face. Seriously, how can two guys starring in fantasy movie franchises pretty much look exactly the same? How did Hollywood allow this to happen? Admittedly, Elijah Wood kinda looks like Daniel Radcliffe if he were a serial killer, but that's totally another issue. Nevertheless, there's no denying the similarities between these two, and if I'm being honest, it's really starting to creep me out. 

Anyway, you've officially reached the end of my post! I'm actually starting to wonder if any in Hollywood has a face of their own, or if all famous people are just carbon copies of one another, who knows? We can try and spend a whole lot of time figuring out how the DNA of these stars caused them to look so alike, but let's get real, none of us can be bothered to do that. So instead, we'll just continue on with our lives and remain in a state of confusion. Til' next time . . . 

Annabel xx

4 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who thought Nina and Victoria looked alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I totally agree, they're creepily similar!

      Delete
    2. All of these others I swear have to be related even if it's "down the line" away, but still... so creepy.

      Delete
  2. I've always thought Nina and Victoria looked alike! I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete