Tuesday 24 February 2015

Grammys 2015: Best and Worst Dressed











Greetings readers, hello and welcome to a fabulous new entry! Today, I'm going to once again become one with my inner fashionista and grace you all with my fabulous opinions. We all know that award show season is a very exciting time, and let's face it, the frocks are everyone's favourite parts. Is judging celebrities based on what they wear a tad superficial and go against what I should stand for? Yes. However, is it also super fun? 100%. Introduction sorted, let's get into the judgement . . .

Best and Worst Dressed


Best Dressed


Anna Kendrick



















Considering that for me, wearing pants is about as bad as life can get, putting Anna Kendrick on my list really is a big deal. I know really that, in essence, it's just a shirtless suit, but it looks like so much more than that. She just looks so classy I can't even deal. Ugh, I don't know, it just works! It's perfectly tailored, and Anna looks super duper awesome! Maybe it's just my 'Into the Woods' feels seeping in, but I feel like she really nailed this red carpet moment. 


Ariana Grande



















There's no denying that Ariana really brought it on the red carpet. It's fun, there's an element of sparkle, and overall, she just looks really fabulous! I don't want to be too bold, but I think Ariana might in fact be my best dressed for the whole night! Compared to last year, this is simply a masterpiece. Honestly, nothing I can fault at all. I don't think anyone would've had a 'problem' with this frock (I'm sorry, I just had to). 

Jhene Aiko



















I may not know who this chick is at all, but I do know she knows how to dress. I seriously love this ensemble so much! It almost looks like it could be a costume from a production of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' (in the absolute bets way possible). The bodice looks almost as if it's been constructed from flower petals or something, and we all know there's no topping that. It's just so feminine and pixie-like that I can't help loving this dress! Overall, a major success for Jhene.


Jessie J



















Jessie certainly dressed to impress on this red carpet. This frock really is super awesome! It perhaps could've been too gothic if the adornment at the top of the dress had gone any further, however this ended up definitely not being the case. She looks sophisticated, and all kinds of fabulous, which is really all one could hope to achieve on a Grammys red carpet. Altogether, an amazing ensemble!


Gwen Stefani



















Once again, someone dressed in pants has made my list! Either I've totally become overwrought with stress after starting back at school and lost some significant brain cells, or people were totally making pants work at the Grammys this year (fingers crossed it's the latter!). Gwen's already known for her slightly edgy fashion choices, so this not only allows her personality to come across, but just looks terrific. There's 'no doubt' this is a winner (wow I'm totally on a roll!). 


Worst Dressed


Rihanna



















I'm sorry, but this just doesn't work. At all. I'm all for dressing up as a princess, don't get me wrong, but this is just ridiculous. Yes, pink is my absolute favourite colour, but somehow, Rihanna managed to make it look 50 shades of awful. From the neck up she looks great, but then unfortunately the entire dress looks like a gross, puffy lampshade, which let's face it, is flattering on absolutely no one. I'm sorry Rihanna, but you need to fire your stylist effective immediately. 


Charlie XCX



















What even is this? I'm sorry, I just need a moment. I mean, I just I don't understand this outfit! Why would someone even consider rocking up to anything dressed like this, let alone the Grammys? Okay, first of all, the only people who can get away with wearing white suits are pimps, and secondly, what kind of dead animal carcass is she wrapping around herself? There is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing positive about this ensemble. I'm sorry, but this is awful.


Madonna



















I'm sorry, but what would posses someone, especially someone as big as Madonna, to come to the Grammys dressed as a Spanish matador/part time dominatrix? I understand that sometimes people like to take fashion risks, but come on, this was never going to work out. Maybe she thinks she needs to make a statement on the carpet, but this seriously isn't the right one to make. I don't even know what I can say besides the fact that it's utterly awful and shouldn't exist, because it's just too hideous for words really. Note to self Madonna, this really isn't a good way to get noticed. 


Ciara



















If I'm being honest, I'm not entirely sure who Ciara is, and after this disastrous frock, I don't think I really want to know. Seriously, what is happening to the world? Who in their right mind would think that this is at all aesthetically pleasing? The answer is no one. Yet somehow, Ciara thought it would be a great idea to rock up in this concoction. She looks like a dishevelled creature who has escaped from the wild, and trust me when I say that is not a compliment. I'm sorry Ciara, but it's a definite no from me.

Joy Villa



















Once again, I seriously have no idea who this chick is, but I certainly do know that she shouldn't ever leave the house dressed like this again. I'm sorry, but why? There's absolutely no way that anyone ever could like this dress. Occasionally on my worst dressed list I'll have outfits that split opinions, some people thinking it's hideous while others choosing to think it's 'fashion forward', but let's face it, there's no argument over this one, it's just horrible. She looks like a fish who's accidentally been caught up in a safety net at the beach, not to mention the little, matching head piece she decided to stick on top. Seriously Joy, you're not Lady Gaga, there's no getting away with this. 

So that's officially the end of my post! Hopefully you agreed with my judgement and possibly found some fashion inspiration. If not, let's just hope the worst dressed list was entertaining enough. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

2 comments:

  1. I loved Gwen's look for the occasion as well and I normally only like the dresses, but she really made it work!

    ReplyDelete