Sunday 31 May 2015

Eurovision 2015!













Hello readers! Be prepared today for some ultimate excitement. One of my favourite parts of the year has come and gone, and I've decided to take the opportunity to post about it. What may this be you ask? Why of course, it the time of year in which the Eurovision song contest is held. Seriously, how can you not love it? It's wacky, it's totally irrational, and possibly one of the best pieces of television ever created. I know I may be a tad delayed in posting about it, however I couldn't let it pass me by without mentioning it on Teenage Fanatic in some way. So, to celebrate the awesomeness of this competition, I decided to list my top 3 favourite performances from the night. Sound good? Hopefully, because when it comes down to it, you don't really have a choice in the matter. Relatively short introduction complete, let's get into it . . .

1. Australia


Am I biased? Yes, yes I am. Am I ashamed of that? Absolutely not. Not even kidding, I am actually so proud that we made it into the competition on their 60th anniversary. I wasn't sure how it would all go down, but Guy Sebastian was actually so good! Honestly, I didn't even know he could sing. And for our first time out, coming 5th is such a good achievement. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I think we rocked it.













2. Sweden


Okay, so yeah, they technically won, but on my list they only ranked second. Yes, I'll admit, I'm being totally biased towards my own country in ranking them number two, however I do really feel that the only thing that set them apart were their computer graphics. I mean, don't get me wrong, their song was pretty awesome, but I think without the fabulous graphics the performance as a whole would've been significantly less memorable. Nevertheless, there's no denying they did spectacularly well, and who knows, I could just be a sore loser.













3. United Kingdom


Okay, so yeah, I guess bias has managed to seep into this post once more. But seriously, someone needs to give the UK a break. I have honestly loved their Eurovision performances since the age of 7, however it seems that in recent years, they haven't been able to break into double digits, let alone triple. Do you know how many points they got this year? 6! 6 points! That's just utterly ridiculous. Sure, their song was a bit cheesy, but that's what made it so awesome! I love how uncool they are! The number looked as if it was plucked from a high school production of 'The Great Gatsby: The Musical', and I honestly mean that as a compliment, because who wouldn't want that at Eurovision? But nonetheless, their score was once again abominably poor. Oh well, there's always next year. 












So yep, that's all I have for you. Hopefully you enjoyed my super brief, heavily biased Eurovision post, and no doubt totally disagree with my choices. If you haven't already, I highly suggest you take a look at this year's competition, because honestly, it is one of the best things ever. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment