Tuesday 30 June 2015

Tony Awards 2015: Best and Worst Dressed











Readers, hello and welcome! Considering I have been pretty slack this month, my aim is to pump out as many blog posts as I can before we officially say goodbye to June. So what better way to do that then discuss the fashion we saw at my absolute favourite award show of the year? You guys, the Tony awards are magical. Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cumming were phenomenal hosts, and if you didn't watch it, you are really missing out on life. In order to celebrate this wonderful event, I've decided to list for you, as always, who I feel were best and worst dressed. So without further ado, here is my judgement . . .

Best Dressed


Jennifer Lopez



















So much yes. There's no doubting that J-Lo always kills it on the carpet, but at the Tony's, she looked particularly awesome. The colour of the dress is super nice, and the pattern I feel is very appropriate, considering she was there to present a number from 'Finding Neverland'. She looks elegant and pretty, and in the best way possible, a little retro. Overall, a definite success. 


Elisabeth Moss


 

















Honestly, I think Elisabeth Moss looks really lovely. It's pretty, it's young, and it's kind of like a breath of fresh air. I mean, it's summer after all in the US, so florals are super appropriate for the season. It literally looks as if she's just come from a tea party, and honestly, I'd say it's pretty hard to fault. All in all, a fabulous ensemble. 


Rose Byrne



















I don't know why exactly, but I really do like this. It's a bit unusual, and ordinarily I'm not sure I would be a fan of the style, but for some reason, I just think it looks really cool. It was a bit different which I liked, and Rose really looks great in red. Maybe it's my Aussie pride, but I really can't get over how great this ensemble is. Honestly, a massive winner in my books. 


Helen Mirren



















I don't know about you, but I know that I definitely want to be like Helen Mirren when I grow up. Come on, she looks awesome! Her dress is fabulous, and she totally rocks it. For 69, she really knows how to work a carpet, and I'm not even kidding when I say I'm a little bit jealous. She just looks super pretty and awesome, and reminds me a bit of a fairy godmother. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that she totally killed it.


Kelli O-Hara



















I cannot see a single flaw in this outfit. Not even kidding, Kelli looks super great! The detailing on the dress is gorgeous, and the colour, although a bit unusual, totally works. It is a perfect combination of hard and soft, with the structured torso and flowy skirt, and she just looks amazing. In addition to looking fab, she also happened to take home the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical for The King and I, so there's no doubting that this was a pretty good day for Kelli O'Hara. Overall, the whole ensemble was wonderful. 


Worst Dressed


Keisza



















I honestly don't even know where to start. First of all, who is she? Secondly, why? Why would someone want to wear this on a red carpet, to the Tony awards no less! I'm all for quirky fashion choices, but Keisza (if that's even a name) looks horrible. She honestly looks as if she slapped on a sheer, full body stocking, and accidentally ran into a kindergarten classroom, where toddlers went on to stick random paddle bop sticks, cotton buds and feathers to her. Clearly, her hair somehow managed to suffer in the altercation as well. If this is the case, I totally forgive her, however I highly doubt it is. 


Emily Skeggs



















Okay, so this one isn't totally out of the box, it just manages to be horrible within the box. I mean, if she wanted to take a fashion risk I would commend her, however her outfit manages to be awful and boring at the same time. The style of the dress is tired and overdone, yet the pattern is purely atrocious. Honestly, to me, this is the worst kind of mash-up there is. 


Rita Wilson



















Ugh, gross. I just, I want to know why. Why would you dress like this? There is honestly nothing nice about this ensemble at all. If you look closely, even the pattern is horrible. The style is definitely not flattering, on anyone, ever, and she manages to look like a conservative dominatrix, which you think would be an oxymoron, but somehow she nails it. The sequins look tacky, the neckline looks super weird, and not in a good way, and even her hair doesn't look nice. I'm sorry Rita, but eww. 


Ruth Wilson



















This is really hard for me because I love pink so much, but this is just a no. The colour is fine, if you're Barbie, but unfortunately on anyone over 6 who is not at a dress-up party, it just looks tacky. The dress seems detached almost, and has two clashing ideas going on at the same time, yet even individually, both of these ideas happen to suck. The top of the dress is form fitting and conservative, which looks gross on any formal dress, but when combined with the shapeless, sweeping skirt, it looks even worse. Ruth, this look just isn't working out for you. 


Bee Shaffer



















As Anna Wintour's daughter, you'd think Bee would know a thing or two about fashion, but evidently, this isn't the case. This dress, for lack of a better word, is just gross. The pattern is truly horrible, the shape (or lack thereof) is definitely not flattering, and the hair makes her look super harsh and old. It screams grungy mermaid, and that is never a good thing. Sorry Bee, better luck next time. 

So that officially brings you to the end of my list. Hopefully you agree with my picks, and if not, feel free to express your opinion in the comments section. Before you go, I urge you to watch the 2015 Tony Awards for yourself and experience its extreme awesomeness first hand. I promise, you'll thank me later. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment